Monday, February 11, 2013

A Little More About Me

A bit more background information about myself... I'm a sophomore in college going into Speech and Language Pathology, which means that eventually I'll be working as a Speech-Language therapist in a clinic, hospital, or elementary school. I absolutely love my future career; in fact, I'm working as a clinical experience intern right now in the clinic on campus. I just finished up a session this morning with a grad student, and it's so gratifying to be able to help. I love being able to interact with a client each week, and it proves to me even more each time that I'm on the right path. I have super great friends, both on my campus and ones that I keep in touch with from high school. I'm very lucky to have a wonderful, loving family back home as well. I am a Starbucks addict, which is probably apparent from the picture I chose on the right of my blog. I also love to read, and I tend to choose the classics -- Jane Eyre, The Hobbit, Pride and Prejudice, to name a few -- to read for fun in my spare time. I like to think I'm pretty musical; I love to sing and play piano, and I tend to compulsively harmonize to whatever music I happen to be listening to. In fact, I'm in the midst of a musical endeavor with 3 of my friends right now doing a bunch of covers and a few originals as well. 
As far as my personal values and viewpoints,   I'm a strong Christian, actively involved in InterVarsity (an on-campus ministry group) and a church group back home, but I don't like to push that on people right away. I try to treat everyone with love and kindness. I think that everyone has a story to tell, and they deserve to have someone who's willing to listen and draw out who they really are inside. I know from personal experience how tough it is to be yourself sometimes, so I like to be genuine with those around me so they can feel like they can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment