So this morning started out great; despite struggling with myself --I'm not a morning person at all -- I got up early, made myself coffee, and my roommates and I got ourselves a spot in the campus suites, which is super exciting because we weren't sure if we'd get in or not. Today I'm also calling about a few jobs here and there to pick up some extra cash on the side, so hopefully that'll turn up something good.
I found a quote yesterday by Billy Joel -- "If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time." I love this a lot because I've been struggling a bit lately with worrying about others, money, and the time I have left for school. I have 4 years of school left, and that's going to be a lot of time invested. But it really doesn't matter what other people are saying or doing, and it doesn't matter how much time I have to put in to get to my job. I think the important thing is that we enjoy the journey up to where we're going. In a few years, I'll have a job to report to and most likely be spread apart from all of my friends. So I might as well live in the present, ignore the people who are giving me a hard time, and make sure that every minute of my day is spent doing what I love.
So with that, I think I'll go out and dominate this Tuesday. Here's to hoping the 2 readers (or less) I probably have at this point will do the same (:
No comments:
Post a Comment